Two Factor Authentication also referred to as 2FA or Two-Step Verification, means that you have two different ways to prove that it’s you trying to access your account. It’s an extra layer of security.
For security and regulatory reasons, 2FA is a mandatory requirement in order to withdraw funds from your account and there is no way to withdraw without it enabled.
Follow the steps below to set up your 2FA:
1) Download a Two Factor Authentication app of your choice
We recommend Google Authenticator, which is available on Android and iOS. You can read more about Google Authenticator, including how to download, install, and use it here.
If you do not have a smartphone or would prefer to use your desktop computer to get your authentication codes, you also have the option of downloading an authenticator app on Windows or Mac OS - we recommend authy: https://authy.com/download/
2) Log in to your Netcoins account
The 2FA setting on Netcoins can be accessed by clicking on “settings” (the gear icon) on the top right corner, and then selecting “Two Factor Auth”.
3) Link your Netcoins account to your 2FA app
Launch the authenticator app on your phone and add your Netcoins account to it by scanning the QR code or entering the key shown.
IMPORTANT: Please make note of the key shown below the QR code and store it in a secure place. If you lose access to your authentication app, this key can be used to recover your account.
If you have added the account to your 2FA app successfully, you should now see a new line with “Netcoins” along with a 6 digit code on your authentication app. Enter the 6 digit code generated in the "Enter the resulting six-digit code" field and press "Enable 2 Factor Authentication".
If you are having trouble enabling your 2FA, it may be because of the following.
- The six-digit code expired. The code expires every 30 seconds and you will need to enter the new code if it expired. The best practice is to refresh your google authenticator app to get the new code.
- Make sure the time on your computer and the time on your phone are aligned. The system will not accept the code if the time is not the same.
You’ll need both your password and your verification code every time you sign in, so be sure to have your authentication app ready on a device any time you want to access your Netcoins account!