There are a few methods to transfer your 2FA to a new device.
1. TRANSFER YOUR AUTHENTICATOR KEYS VIA ANDROID
If you’ve got two Android phones, you can transfer your accounts to a new phone by exporting them via a QR code generated by the Authenticator app.
- Open Google Authenticator on your older phone
- Tap on the three dots on the top right of the screen and select “Transfer accounts”
- Select “Export accounts.” You may be asked to verify your identity via a fingerprint, password, or another method.
- Select which accounts you want to export by checking them off. Tap “Next.”
- You’ll be shown a QR code
- Go to your new phone. Follow the instructions above, but select “Import accounts.”
- You’ll be given instructions on how to export your accounts from the older phone. Since you already know how to do that, just select “Scan QR code.”
- Scan the code on your old phone with your new phone
2. USE YOUR RECOVERY KEY OR QR CODE
When you set up your Netcoins account in Google Authenticator, a warning was present to ask the user to write down the recovery key. You can use the recovery key to set up the 2FA on your new device using the following steps.
- Open Google Authenticator on your new phone
- Tap on the "+" sign on the bottom right of the screen and select "Enter a setup key"
- Enter "Netcoins" in the Account name field and your recovery key in the "Your key field"
- Leave the "type of key" as time-based and click on add.
- You'll be able to see the account added in the authenticator app on your new phone.
If you have taken a photo of the QR code instead of writing down the key, you can follow the steps above, but choose "Scan a QR code" instead of "Enter a setup key".
3. DISABLE 2FA FROM ACCOUNT AND RE-ENABLE.
- Click on the Setting icon on the top right corner of your Netcoins dashboard, and select "Two Factor Auth".
- A warning window will come up, click "Next" to continue.
- Enter the six-digit 2FA code that is generated in the authenticator on your old phone and your Netcoins account password.
- Click "Disable 2FA" to disable the 2FA on your account.
- Re-enable the 2FA on your new phone by following the instruction here.
If you lost your device or no longer have access to your 2FA, please see our support page here.