Face liveness is a portion of the verification process that ensures that the individual registering for the account is, in fact, the individual on the photo ID document. This mitigates fraud and ensures the safety and security of our customers. To pass the face liveness portion of the verification, you will need to have a working web or mobile camera.
Usually, when you get to this part of the verification, a small window will pop up asking you to allow camera access. If for some reason your web or mobile camera wasn't switched on automatically, or it simply is not working, please try following these steps to get it going:
- On Mac: Open the menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Camera. Select the checkbox next to an app to allow it to access your camera.
- On Windows: Open the menu > Settings > Privacy > Camera, and then turn on "Let apps use my camera".
- On iPhone (Google Chrome): Open the Phone Settings > Google Chrome > Turn Camera On.
- On iPhone (Safari): Open the Phone Settings > Safari > Camera > Allow
- On Android: Open the menu > Settings > Applications > Application Manager > App Name > Enable the Camera.
To fix a "No camera found/ready to use" error, please make sure that:
1. The camera is not currently being used by another application.
2. In the browser settings, there is permission to use the camera.
3. Your Internet connection is working.
If it still does not work after checking the browser permissions to use the camera, please reset the browser. If this doesn't work, try resetting the device by turning it off, and then powering it back on and trying again.